The main objective of this session is to provide safety tips for driving in extreme weather so that you can avoid accidents and breakdowns. By the time the session is over, you should be able to recognize extreme weather driving hazards; identify appropriate safe driving precautions for different weather conditions; prepare yourself and your vehicle for any kind of weather; and prevent accidents and reach your destination safely when driving in extreme weather conditions.
Course Duration: 22 minutes
Why “Extreme Weather Driving—For All Drivers” Matters:
- There are around 5,000 commercial motor vehicle (CMV)-related fatalities, and only 14 percent of these fatalities occurred to the truck occupants.
- There are more than 120,000 CMV-related injuries, and only 20 percent of injuries occurred to the truck occupants.
- More than 650 truck drivers die on the job, representing 12 percent of all types of workplace deaths— the most fatalities of any single job title or occupation.
- Truck drivers have more nonfatal injuries than workers in any other occupation. One-half of the nonfatal CMV driver injuries are serious sprains and strains, and the other injuries are bruises, fractures, cuts and lacerations, soreness, and multiple traumas.
The main objective of this session is to train your drivers to:
- Recognize extreme weather driving hazards.
- Identify appropriate safe driving precautions for different weather conditions.
- Prepare yourself and your vehicle for any kind of weather.
- Prevent accidents and reach your destination safely when driving in extreme weather conditions.