Employees will learn what is required under the rules, how to recognize the performance effects of drug and alcohol use, identify signs and symptoms of substance use on the job, and make proper reasonable-suspicion determinations. Learn more by participating in this DOT Alcohol and Drug Testing training session.
Course Duration: 27 minutes
Why “DOT Alcohol and Drug Testing Rules—What Supervisors Need to Know” Matters:
- The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires that you make sure drivers don’t work under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You have to know the rules and procedures for urine drug testing and breath alcohol testing.
- The DOT regulations apply to all organizations that own or lease commercial motor vehicles or that assign drivers to operate CMVs.
- Illicit use of drugs while performing safety-sensitive duties is flatly prohibited on or off duty.
- The DOT Regulations prohibit alcohol and drug use by drivers with commercial driver’s licenses (CDL).
- We must test drivers for substance use when they are performing safety-sensitive duties.
- You play a key role in complaince with the DOT rules by assisting in training employees, identifying possible substance use, and making reasonable-suspicion determinations.